Monday, July 25, 2005

Welcome back!


Welcome back Marcel! I missed you. The past week has been tough. I had lost all motivation to get to know the volunteers. I had lost the motivation to work. I wasn't eating right. I wasn't sleeping enough. I felt overwhelmed with tasks: need to write that med school personal statement, need to write the Esperanza job proposal, need to organize the group folders, need to plan the group activities, need to meet with Fronteras Unidas to continue the process of becoming familiar with their organization, make visual instructions for the compost pile, contact future groups about planned activities...and the list goes on.

Now, with your return, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Not that the "To Do" list has shrunk, but it somehow seems more managable. Thank you to my parents! Thank you to Meg! Thank you to Eduardo! Thank you to Martina! Thank you to Ana Laura! Interesting how sometimes you need to talk to other people to remember who you are.

Love,
Marcel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're back. I believed in you. You are my hero after all.